This pathfinder is a guide to help you begin your research. As sources and topics in the veterinary field are vast, this pathfinder provides only representative examples of the research paths you can pursue. For more assistance, you may contact the librarian.
Keywords or Subject Search Terms (Examples)
Following is a sample list of keywords and subject search terms to help you begin your search. Please bear in mind that these are only sample search terms and that there are many other search terms you can use. If the term or concept you are seeking is not listed here, just type it into one of the search fields and go from there. You can use these terms to search in the online catalog (Polaris) or any of the online subscription databases (ProQuest, ebrary, Credo Reference, etc.) mentioned here.
- Animal diseases
- Animal health
- Animal medicine
- Animal technicians
- Animal welfare
- Animals, Domestic
- First aid for animals
- Pet medicine
- Pet owners
- Veterinarian and client
- Veterinary anatomy
- Veterinary anesthesia
- Veterinary clinical pathology
- Veterinary critical care
- Veterinary dentistry
- Veterinary drugs
- Veterinary emergencies
- Veterinary internal medicine
- Veterinary medicine
- Veterinary nursing
- Veterinary pharmacology
- Veterinary physiology
- Veterinary radiography
- Veterinary surgery
- Veterinary technology
- Veterinary technicians
Browsing Areas In Yuba College Library Shelves
The Library uses the Dewey Decimal Classification system to catalog its holdings. If students are browsing the Yuba College Library shelves for their research, the following sections of the Library would be most helpful:
- REF 636.089
Yuba College Library Online Catalog
Polaris is Yuba College Library’s online catalog system. Students can perform searches of the Library’s holdings, check the availability of texts, and find related texts (using the left navigation panel on the returned listings page), among other things.
There are several ways you can begin your search on Polaris. “Keyword” searching works similar to Google. Just type in your search terms and choose among the suggestions from the drop-down menu or use your own terms. You can also use the “Browse” tab to search by subject headings, title, and author. Type in your desired terms and browse the results to narrow your search. While “Advanced” searching allows you to search all record fields, should you require something more specific, “Boolean” searching allows you to combine search terms with And, Or, and Not to build complex searches. Based on your needs, choose your search strategy accordingly.
Also, be sure to use the left navigation panel in Polaris for assistance in narrowing your search results or finding related search results.
Veterinary Technology Resources Found in Polaris
Following is a selection of Veterinary Technology resources found in Polaris. Many more are available by using the search terms above. These are only some suggestions.
- 636.089 A579 2010; Anesthesia for veterinary technicians; Bryant, Susan (Ed.); 2010
- 636.089 B627; Black’s veterinary dictionary; Boden, Edward (Ed.); 2001 [Reference]
- 636.089 E9642 2010; Exotic animal medicine for the veterinary technician; Ballard, Bonnie and Cheek, Ryan (Eds.); 2010
- 636.089 F6991; Kirk and Bistner’s handbook of veterinary procedures and emergency treatment; Ford, Richard B.; 2006
- 636.089 H239 2006; Large animal clinical procedures for veterinary technicians; Hanie, Elizabeth A.; 2006
- 636.089 L417 2009; Introduction to veterinary science; Lawhead, James B.; 2009
- 636.089 L887 4TH ED.; Handbook of veterinary neurology; Lorenz, Michael D.; 2004
- 636.089 M8211 2001; Calculations for veterinary nurses; Moore, Margaret C.; 2001
- 636.089 P3165 2006; Tasks for the veterinary assistant; Pattengale, Paula; 2005
- 636.089 R2879 2008; Veterinary hematology: Atlas of common domestic and non-domestic species; Reagan, William J.; 2008
- 636.089 R688; Veterinary Toxicology; Roder, Joseph D.; 2001
- 636.089 R765 2006; An illustrated guide to veterinary medical terminology; Romich, Janet Amundson; 2006
- 636.089 R7951 2009; Career choices for veterinary technicians: Opportunities for animal lovers; Rose, Rebecca; 2009
- 636.089 V586 2004; Veterinary office practices; Kehn, Robert (Ed.); 2004
- 636.089 Z214 2006; Veterinary clinical parasitology; Zajac, A.; 2006
- 636.08903 B6551 2007; Saunders comprehensive veterinary dictionary; Blood, D. C. (Douglas Charles); 2007
- 636.089068 P926 2011; Front office management for the veterinary team; Prendergast, Heather; 2011
- 636.0891 C7271; Clinical anatomy & physiology for veterinary technicians; Colville, Thomas P.; 2008
- 636.0895 B596 2009; Medical mathematics and dosage calculations for veterinary professionals; Bill, Robert; 2009
- 636.0895 M4788; Calculations for the veterinary professional; McConnell, Vicki C.; 2000
- 636.08951 B596 2006; Clinical pharmacology and therapeutics for the veterinary technician; Bill, Robert; 2006
- 636.08951 W244; Applied pharmacology for veterinary technicians; Wanamaker, Boyce P.; 2009
- 636.0896 H121; Veterinary emergency and critical care procedures; Hackett, Tim B.; 2006
- 636.0896 L412 2007; Radiography in veterinary technology; Lavin, Lisa M.; 2007
- 636.0897 W461; Anaesthesia for veterinary nurses; Welsh, Elizabeth (Ed.); 2003
- 636.7089 K421; Veterinary dentistry for the small animal technician; Kesel, M. Lynne; 2000
Yuba College Library Online Subscription Databases
- Credo Reference
- This database provides access to hundreds of reference books in a broad range of subjects. Use search term “Veterinary” to get started. Search results can be narrowed using numerous options listed in the left-side column on the page displaying search results.
- This database provides access to research, reference, and reading materials in eBook format. Use search term “Veterinary” to get started. Search results can be sorted using tools listed in the right-side column on the page displaying search results.
- EBSCO: eBook Collection
- This database provides access to research, reference, and reading materials in eBook format. Use search term “Veterinary” to get started. Search results can be refined using numerous options listed in the left-side column on the page displaying search results.
- EBSCO: MEDLINE
- This database provides access to information on veterinary medicine, among many other human medical science topics. MEDLINE was created by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) to organize journal article citations in over 4,800 current biomedical journals. Use search term “Veterinary” to get started.
- This database provides full-text articles on multidisciplinary topics. Use search term “Veterinary” to get started. To gain full access to articles, you must log in to JSTOR using your WebAdvisor credentials.
- This database provides full-text articles on multidisciplinary topics. Suggested subject headings or search terms include “Veterinary,” “Animals AND Veterinary Medicine,” “Animals AND Veterinary Services,” “Animals AND Veterinarians,” “Veterinarians,” “Veterinary Services.” Search results can be sorted or narrowed using numerous options listed in the right-side column on the page displaying search results.
Print periodicals are listed in Polaris and are accessible in the Library’s periodical collection. To search the periodical collection in Polaris, within the “Keyword” or “Advanced” tabs, select “periodical” or “serial” in the “Limit by” field. Please ask the librarian for assistance in accessing these print periodicals if you are unable to find the periodicals while searching Polaris or are unable to locate the periodicals in the Library’s periodical collection.
- The Horse : Your Guide to Equine Health Care
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
- Journal of Veterinary Medical Education
- Modern Veterinary Practice
- The NAVTA Journal
- Veterinary Forum
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Technician
Free Web Resources
Anatomy & Physiology
- Anatomical Atlas for the Canine Lumbosacral Spine – http://www.vetmed.vt.edu/education/Curriculum/VM8644/kconnors/home.htm
- This website from the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University provides a sectional atlas of the normal canine lumbosacral spine in three planes: transverse, sagittal, and dorsal.
- Anatomical Atlas of the Equine Neck – http://www.vetmed.vt.edu/education/curriculum/vm8644/equineneck/
- This website from the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University provides gross anatomical slices of the vertebrae and surrounding tissues from a postmortem horse.
- Anatomy Images – http://www.ucd.ie/vetanat/images/image.html
- This website from the University College, Dublin provides veterinary dissection images.
- CT Anatomy Tutorial for the Canine Brain – http://www.vetmed.vt.edu/education/Curriculum/VM8644/CanineBrainCT/home.html
- This website from the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University provides case studies that are designed to help the user correlate the CT anatomic location of pathology with clinical signs.
- Gross Anatomy Laboratory Review – http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/VAn308/gross-page.htm
- This website from Washington State University provides images and illustrations on the anatomy of the dog.
- Veterinary Anatomical Illustrations – http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/Science.VetAnatImgs
- This website from University of Wisconsin Digital Collections Center provides veterinary anatomical illustrations on the integumentary and musculoskeletal systems of the horse, cow, dog, lion, goat and deer.
- Virtual Fetal Pig Dissection – http://www.whitman.edu/content/virtualpig
- This website from Whitman College provides information and images on the dissection of the fetal pig.
- Animal Welfare Information Center – http://awic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display/index.php?tax_level=1&info_center=3
- This website from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Agricultural Library (NAL) is mandated by the Animal Welfare Act (AWA) to provide information for improved animal care and use in research, testing, teaching, and exhibition.
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) – http://www.aahanet.org/
- American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB) – http://www.aavsb.org/
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) – http://www.avma.org/
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC) – http://www.aavmc.org/
- California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) – http://www.cvma.net/Default.asp
- NetVet: Organizations – http://netvet.wustl.edu/org.htm
- This website from NetVet provides a comprehensive list of veterinary and animal science organizations located in the United States as well as in foreign countries.
- State Veterinary Medical Associations – http://www.avma.org/statevma/
- This website from the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) provides a list of state veterinary medical associations.
- United States Animal Health Association (USAHA) – http://www.usaha.org/
Behavior & Training
- Animal Behavior Resources Institute – http://abrionline.org/
- This website from American Humane Association provides education and animal behavior resources aimed at enhancing human animal relationships and improving quality of life for people and animals.
- The Indoor Pet Initiative – http://indoorpet.osu.edu/
- This website from Ohio State University provides veterinarians and pet owners with helpful suggestions regarding enriching the lives of indoor cats and dogs.
- Case Studies in Small Animal Cardiovascular Medicine – http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/vmth/small_animal/cardio_kittleson/cases/index.htm
- This website from University of California, Davis presents small animal patients with cardiovascular disease examined by the author (Dr. Mark Kittleson) and his residents working in the Cardiology Service at the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital (VMTH) at UC Davis.
- Veterinary Clinical Cardiology – http://www.vetgo.com/cardio/index.php
- This website from VetGo.com provides educational material for veterinary students and practitioners in the area of cardiology. Sections include cardiovascular physiology, pathophysiology, clinical evaluation of heart disease, thoracic radiograph tutorial, general therapeutic concepts, acquired heart disease, heartworm disease, congenital heart disease, electrocardiology, and echocardiography. In the Radiographic Database search for specific radiographs by radiographic/clinical diagnoses and descriptions. This site is an ongoing project of Drs. Mike O’Grady, Jeff Holmes, and M. Lynne O’Sullivan.
- Dental Anatomy of Specific Species – http://arbl.cvmbs.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/pregastric/dentalanat.html
- This website from Colorado State University provides detailed information on dental anatomy of the cat, dog, horse, llama, rabbit, rodent, ruminant, and swine.
- Consultant – http://www.vet.cornell.edu/consultant/consult.asp
- This website from Cornell University provides access to Consultant, a diagnostic support system for veterinary medicine. Search by keyword for signs or diagnosis. Free full text articles are available in the “New and Noteworthy” section.
- Manual of Standards for Diagnostic Tests & Vaccines (3rd edition) – http://www.oie.int/en/international-standard-setting/terrestrial-manual/access-online/
- This website from World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) provides access to the OIE’s publication of Manual of Diagnostic Tests and Vaccines for Terrestrial Animals 2011.
Diseases, Conditions, & Treatments
- ACVS: Health Conditions – http://www.acvs.org/AnimalOwners/HealthConditions/
- This website from the American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS) provides descriptions of many common health conditions affecting animals, including farm animal topics, large animal/equine topics, and small animal topics.
- AVMA Journals: Zoonosis Updates – http://www.avma.org/avmacollections/zu/default.asp
- This website from the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) provides articles on zoonotic diseases from the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA).
- Bovine Infectious Diseases – http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/assets/courses/vm616/cow/sld001.htm
- This website from Ohio State University provides images of bovine infectious diseases.
- The Center for Food Security & Public Health: Animal Disease Information – http://www.cfsph.iastate.edu/DiseaseInfo/index.php
- This website from Iowa State University provides information about animal diseases that aims to increase awareness of bioterrorism, agroterrorism, foreign animal diseases, and zoonotic diseases.
- Cornell Feline Health Center: Information Brochures – http://www.vet.cornell.edu/FHC/infobrochures.cfm
- This website from Cornell University provides informational brochures on general health care, infectious diseases, and medical disorders of the cat.
- Dairy Cattle Necropsy Manual – http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/ilm/proinfo/necropsy/notes/index.html
- This website from Colorado State University provides information on performing a postmortem exam on dairy cattle in order to obtain an accurate cause of death.
- Healthy Pets Healthy People – http://www.cdc.gov/healthypets/
- This website from the National Center for Infectious Diseases at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides information about diseases people can get from animals, with resources arranged by animal species and disease.
- Johne’s Information Center – http://johnes.org/
- This website from University of Wisconsin-Madison provides information about Johne’s disease, an infectious disease of ruminant animals.
- Long Beach Animal Hospital: Disease Search – http://www.lbah.com/
- This website from Long Beach Animal Hospital provides information and images on a variety of animal diseases within its “Disease Search” feature.
- Mammary Gland Diseases: Bovine Mastitis – http://www.vet.k-state.edu/images/fam/mammary/mam.htm
- This website from Kansas State University provides information and images on Bovine Mastitis, the single most common disease syndrome in adult dairy cows.
- Partners in Animal Health: Information and Resources – http://partnersah.vet.cornell.edu/
- This website from Cornell University provides information and images about animal diseases and medical procedures, with resources arranged by species and veterinary discipline.
- Pet Health Topics – http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ClientED/
- This website from Washington State University provides information on preventative health care in pets as well as general information on animal diseases.
- Review of Clinical Signs of Foreign Animal Diseases Which a Mixed Veterinary Practitioner Might Encounter on a Dairy – http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/vetext/INF-DA/INF-DA_FADAVMA2.HTML
- This website from University of California, Davis provides information on clinical signs of foreign animal diseases that a veterinary practitioner might encounter on a dairy farm.
- Small Airway Inflammatory Disease – http://www.tufts.edu/~ahoffm01/SAIDwizard/index.html
- This website from Tufts University provides information on Small Airway Inflammatory Disease (SAID), a condition that affects the horse.
- World Animal Health Information Database (WAHID) – http://web.oie.int/wahis/public.php?page=home
- This website from the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) provides access to OIE’s information database interface, including information on exceptional disease event reports occurring from Member Countries, semi-annual reports on disease events, and annual reports on animal health.
- Comparative Gastroenterology – http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/assets/courses/vm609/index.html
- This website from Ohio State University provides case studies of dog, cat, and horse gastroenterology disorders.
General Veterinary Resources
- Animal Welfare Information Center: Audiovisual Materials – http://awic.nal.usda.gov/nal_display/index.php?info_center=3&tax_level=3&tax_subject=183&topic_id=1093&level3_id=6273&level4_id=0&level5_id=0&placement_default=0
- This website from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Agricultural Library (NAL) provides information, images, and videos on a variety of topics within veterinary medicine.
- AVMA: Care for Animals – http://www.avma.org/careforanimals/default.asp
- This website from American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) provides information on a variety of pet care issues.
- AVMA: Public Health Information – http://www.avma.org/public_health/default.asp
- This website from American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) provides public health information on a variety of topics relating to animals.
- Definitions and Abbreviations of Veterinary Terms – http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/glossary/glossary.asp
- This website from Washington State University provides a list of definitions and abbreviations of veterinary terms.
- Electronic Zoo – http://netvet.wustl.edu/e-zoo.htm
- This website from Washington University provides links to over 18,000 websites concerning animal and veterinary topics.
- International Veterinary Information Service (IVIS) – http://www.ivis.org/home.asp
- This website from International Veterinary Information Service (IVIS) provides free access to publications, journals, proceedings of veterinary meetings, and more.
- The Merck Veterinary Manual (9th edition) – http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/home.htm&hide=0
- This website from Merck & Co., Inc. provides full-text access to the 9th edition of The Merck Veterinary Manual. Note: “This online text has now been superseded by publication of the 10th edition of the Merck Veterinary Manual in September 2010 and may contain inaccurate or outdated information.”
- NetVet Veterinary Resources – http://netvet.wustl.edu/vet.htm
- This website from Washington University provides links to over 18,000 websites concerning animal and veterinary topics.
- PennTags: Veterinary Tags – http://tags.library.upenn.edu/tag/veterinary
- This website from University of Pennsylvania provides access to URLs, journal articles, and records that are tagged on PennTags with the “veterinary” tag. PennTags is a social bookmarking tool for locating, organizing, and sharing users’ favorite online resources. Members of the Penn Community can collect and maintain URLs, links to journal articles, and records in the online Penn library catalog and online video catalog. PennTags can also be used collaboratively, because it acts as a repository of the varied interests and academic pursuits of the Penn Community, and can help you find topics and users related to your own favorite online resources.
- Pet Health Topics – http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/ClientED/categories.aspx
- This website from Washington State University provides information on a variety of information on pet health, including procedures, common problems, diseases, miscellaneous health care topics, and anatomy of the cat and dog.
- Veterinary Abbreviations & Acronyms Guide – http://www.library.illinois.edu/vex/vetabbrev.htm
- This website from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign provides a list of abbreviations and acronyms commonly used in veterinary practice.
- WikiVet – http://en.wikivet.net/Veterinary_Education_Online
- This website from WikiVet provides access to an international initiative to provide a comprehensive online veterinary curriculum.
- Clinical Problem Solving in Internal Medicine – http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/assets/courses/vm718/index.html
- This website from Ohio State University provides clinical case study tutorials in veterinary internal medicine.
Large Animal Medicine
- Large Animal Medicine: Teaching – http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/index.php
- This website from The University of Georgia provides teaching materials for courses in veterinary anesthesiology, medicine, and surgery of large animals.
- Veterinary Clinical Neurology: Video-Clip Archives – http://vanat.cvm.umn.edu/neurolVideo/index.html
- This website from University of Minnesota provides a video-clip archive of selected patients of the Veterinary Medical Center at the University of Minnesota’s College of Veterinary Medicine that exhibited either neurology disorders or normal responses during a clinical neurology exam.
- American College of Veterinary Nutrition: Nutrition Resources – http://www.acvn.org/about-us/nutrition-resources/
- This website from American College of Veterinary Nutrition (ACVN) provides links to nutrition resources.
- Hospital for Companion Animals: Nutrition Support Service – http://vet.osu.edu/nssvet
- This website from Ohio State University provides nutrition support resources for pets, including a diet search and diet manual.
- Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) – http://www.capcvet.org/
- This website from Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) provides information on the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and control of parasitic infections in pets, including zoonotic parasites.
- Clinical Pathology Clerkship Program – http://www.vet.uga.edu/VPP/clerk/
- This website from The University of Georgia provides access to full-text papers on veterinary topics authored by participants in the College of Veterinary Medicine’s Clinical Pathology Clerkship Program.
- Veterinary Pathology Student Case Archive – http://academic-server.cvm.umn.edu/VetPathStudentArchive/
- This website from University of Minnesota provides veterinary pathology case studies from the College of Veterinary Medicine, including cases of the dog, cat, horse, goat, cow, and other species.
Pet Owner Resources
- PetEducation.com – http://www.peteducation.com/
- This website from PetEducation.com provides articles on the dog, cat, fish, bird, ferret, small pet, and reptile, as well as information on many other pet-related topics. The content on PetEducation.com is written by Dr. Race Foster, Dr. Marty Smith, and their veterinary services staff.
- HealthyPet.com – http://www.healthypet.com/
- This website from American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) provides a variety of health care information for pet owners within its “Pet Care” tab.
- Animal Drugs @ FDA – http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/animaldrugsatfda/
- This website from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services provides a searchable database of FDA approved animal drug products.
- FDA: Animal & Veterinary – http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/default.htm
- This website from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services provides a variety of animal and veterinary resources.
- FDA Approved Animal Drug Products: The Online Green Book – http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/Products/ApprovedAnimalDrugProducts/UCM042847
- This website from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services provides access to the Green Book, updated monthly, containing a list of all animal drug products approved for safety and effectiveness in the United States.
- VeterinaryPartner.com: Pet Pharmacy – http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=T&C=31&S=0
- This website from VeterinaryPartner.com provides information on commonly prescribed pet medications.
- Google Books – http://books.google.com/
- This website from Google provides a search of books that can be previewed or read for free. Use search term “Veterinary” to get started.
- Google Scholar – http://scholar.google.com/
- This website from Google provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources, including theses, books, abstracts and articles. Use search term “Veterinary” to get started.
- Medline Plus: Pet Health – http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/pethealth.html
- This website from the U.S. National Library of Medicine of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) provides a variety of articles about pet health.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln: Extension Publications – http://www.ianrpubs.unl.edu/epublic/pages/index.jsp
- This website from University of Nebraska-Lincoln provides access to full-text Extension publications, authored by specialists and educators in the University’s Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, on topics related to animals, including animal diseases, animals – general, horse, sheep, swine, and more.
- Vet-Online: The International Journal of Veterinary Medicine – http://www.priory.com/vet.htm
- This website from Vet On-Line provides access to full-text articles published in The International Journal of Veterinary Medicine, a peer-reviewed, free, web-based medical journal. (ISSN:1360-1962) – Priory Lodge Education, Ltd. (Brixham, Devon, U.K.)
- Uroradiology – http://www.vetmed.vt.edu/education/Curriculum/VM8644/urorad/urorad.html
- This website from Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine provides animal radiography images of abdominal masses and the peritoneal cavity, upper urinary tract, and lower urinary tract.
- Breeding Soundness Examination of the Dog – http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/eiltslotus/theriogenology-5361/dog–white_2.htm
- This website from Louisiana State University provides information on conducting an examination to identify breeding soundness of the dog.
Small Animal Medicine
- 33rd Congress of the World Small Animal Veterinary Association Proceedings Online – http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WSAVA2008&O=Generic
- This website from the World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA) provides access to the proceedings of the 33rd Congress of WSAVA in 2008. You can browse the proceedings by speaker or category, or you can search the proceedings by entering a search term.
Toxicology & Poisoning
- ASPCA: Animal Poison Control Center – http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control.aspx
- This website from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) provides information about substances that are poisonous to animals.
- ASPCA: Toxic and Non-Toxic Plants – http://www.aspca.org/Pet-care/Poison-control/plants
- This website from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) provides a list of toxic and non-toxic plants that have been reported as having systemic effects on animals and/or intense effects on the gastrointestinal tract of the dog, cat, and horse.
- Plants Poisonous to Livestock and Other Animals – http://www.ansci.cornell.edu/plants/index.html
- This website from Cornell University provides a wealth of information on plants that are poisonous to livestock and pets.
- Plants Toxic to Animals – http://www.library.illinois.edu/vex/toxic/
- This website from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign provides information on plants that are toxic to animals.
- Poisonous Plant Elective: Slides of Toxic Plants – http://cpharm.vetmed.vt.edu/PoisonPlants/default.htm
- This website from the Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine provides slides of plants that are toxic to animals.