Have you ever experienced frustration when needing to find information for an assignment or research paper, not knowing where to look or who to ask for help? If you’ve ever felt overwhelmed and confused by the complexities involved with finding information among the library’s many resources, the experts at the library are here to assist you with your research and reference needs. Whether you need help finding a quick answer to a factual question, require in-depth research assistance about a subject area, need help citing sources, require assistance locating materials through interlibrary loan, need instruction regarding how to use the library’s collection, or possess any other information need, we’re here to help you find the answers!
Students have several options when contacting Yuba College Library for assistance:
- E-mail the library via the Ask A Librarian Form. Offered during the Fall and Spring semesters only, students can use this form to e-mail the Yuba College Library reference desk for their research needs. To expedite your request, please include your topic (be specific) and the sources you have already used. A librarian will answer your e-mail shortly.
- Schedule an appointment via the Research Appointment Request Form. Arrange an appointment with the Librarian for a personal, in-depth consultation about your research assignment and relevant resources. A librarian will contact you within 24 hours to set up an appointment. This service is not available when the library is closed.
- Visit the library in person. If you have immediate research needs, visiting the library in person is often the quickest way to receive assistance. Yuba College Library is open Monday through Thursday, from 7:45am to 8pm, and Friday, from 7:45am to 4:30pm.
- Call the library. To receive assistance over the phone, call the Librarian at (530) 741-6592 or call the Reference/Research Assistant at (530) 741-6756.
- Text the Librarian. To receive assistance via SMS text message, text the Librarian at (530) 359-8220.
When in doubt, contact the library! We’re here to help!